Valentine’s Yums! This salad packs an insane amount of flavor. We use Brussels sprouts three different ways to get the most out of our cruciferous friend. Recipe by Sweezy!
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1 lb broccoli
- 8 T oil
- 2 T sherry vinegar
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- Zest of one orange
- 2 oz package of grass fed Ayoba-Yo Traditional Biltong
- Preheat a sheet pan in the oven at 425 F.
- Prepare half of your Brussels sprouts by cutting off the stems and slicing them in half lengthwise. Toss in a bowl along with half of your broccoli, with olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Place on the preheated pan and roast 20-30 minutes, depending on the desired char.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rest of your Brussels by cutting off the stems, slicing in half, then julienning, thinly slicing them. Do the same with the other half of your broccoli, keeping the stems and slicing thinly. (these raw veggies will add a good texture to the salad).
- To prepare the dressing, mix all ingredients in a sealable jar reserving half of the orange zest and the Biltong. Season to taste.
- Once veggies are roasted, mix in a large bowl with the thinly sliced Brussels, broccoli, and vinaigrette.
- Toss Ayoba-Yo Traditional Biltong, and serve with the rest of the orange zest sprinkled on top!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.