Biltong & Cheese Drenched Sweet Potato Fries
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of corn starch
- sea salt as preferred
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Valveeta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 ounce of Biltong (we used spicy)
- Peel sweet potato and cut into fry shape.
- Place in large bowl and soak for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Drain sweet potato, pat dry, and put in large bowl.
- Add corn starch and shake until sweet potatoes are lightly dusted.
- Drizzle with olive oil, tossing well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, chili powder and brown sugar and sprinkle over the sweet potatoes.
- Spread onto baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Cut the biltong pieces into a desirable size.
- Melt butter and Valveeta and stir in milk.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the sweet potato fries and top with biltong.