Cheese Scones with Biltong
- 2 cups cake flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper or cayenne pepper
- 5 tbs. butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese
- 1 cup sliced Biltong or Grated Biltong
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Rub in the grated butter with your fingertips.
- Beat the eggs and blend with the milk.
- Add cheese.
- Cut in the liquid with a spatula; do not knead the dough.
- Add more milk if needed so that the dough is stiff enough to roll out.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and flatten gently with your hands to a thickness of 1 inch.
- Cut into rounds with a biscuit cutter.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until the scones are nicely browned on top.
- Serve with butter and Biltong to impress your friends and family.